TESL 0170: Teaching Reflections- Lesson 1


Today, I had my first teaching experience. I taught one chapter of vocabulary and reading strategies ( five types of context clues to guess the meaning of a word). As it was my first day of teaching, I was initially nervous, but I got the confidence. I taught the lessons based on the textbooks.
I was very happy with my first class. I was able to cover the context on time. My sponsor teacher and practicum supervisor said that I did a good job. They mentioned that my tone of voice was loud enough and clear, and I have a natural way of interacting with the students, and my explanations were very clear. 
The practicum supervisor mentioned: you very well prepared and organized. Your objectives of the lesson were clear in your lesson plan. You had an effective classroom presence and your voice projection and speech rate were effective. You gave good explanations of the vocabulary words and included examples.

Also, both my sponsor teacher and practicum supervisor suggested more group work and discussions between students. 
I think, my performance was good; my teaching journey has started, and I am ready for the next challenge. 

Lesson Plan 1

Comments

Popular Posts