TESL 0170: Teaching Reflection: Lesson 4


Today was my fourth day of teaching. I taught reading and reviewed vocabulary.
I started the class by giving reading instruction about identifying supporting details. I presented the materials using PowerPoint. Then, students worked on a reading and tried to find supporting details. After the break, as students have a test by the end of this week, part of today's class was about reviewing vocabulary. I prepared vocabulary worksheet and gave it to the students. Then, we reviewed the answers together. After that, students played a game to review vocabulary of previous lessons.
Overall, I think my performance was good. I think I still need to learn more providing and creating games for the class; especially for reviewing vocabulary. I think games are great assets in the ESL classroom. Students will learn and practice while having fun which is part of ESL learning goals.

Lesson Plan 4

Comments

Popular Posts