Tesl 0100 - unit 3- Discover Your English



Even though I've learned English based on grammar and have been practicing it all the time, when
I was reading  Bolitho, R., & Tomlinson, B. (2005), I found that there are some grammar questions
that I am unable to answer. As I have noticed, many native speakers (could be any language) cannot
address grammar points of their speech and it is really hard for them to remember all the points. It
could be related to their method of learning; like a child who learns a language by just listening, and
she/he can speak it with correct grammar, but if you ask for grammar points there is no answer. I think
the hardest part of teaching, not English only, is to teach grammar. It is important that you know how to
teach grammar to a person who might not know the grammar of her/his native language. My question is,
could anyone who does not know all grammar points be an effective teacher? I would appreciate your answers.

Bolitho, R., & Tomlinson, B. (2005). Common Areas of Difficulty. In Discover English (pp. 7-18). Oxford: Macmillan Publishers Limited.

Comments

Popular Posts