TESL 0170: Teaching Reflection: Lesson 5

Today, was my last day of teaching. I think it was my best performance overall. Today, was reviewing day due to their upcoming exam. The main focus of my lesson was on reading comprehension. I tried to incorporate all the previous lessons (reading skills that students have learned) through different activities. I provided extra materials for students to practice how to identify main idea and supporting details. I also gave them another vocabulary activity to review them.
As this was reviewing class, the main focus was on  each students' learning and there were not a lot of activities; however, students worked together and checked their answers in groups.
I gave the students the evaluation form and the feedback I received was positive and good. Students were happy with my teaching and lessons that I provided.
Overall, it was a very good last class and was a great experience for me. I have learned a lot from my sponsor teacher and students. Now, I know a lot about students' needs and goals and how to incorporate new materials into the classroom. I also found that group activities and games are valuable assets for students. I have to learn more about group activities and games and the importance of using them in the class.

Lesson Plan 5

Comments

Popular Posts